Thursday, October 9, 2008

Charlotte and Betty

The day was not starting out well, I had not gotten much sleep, I was feeling very bad, and on top of it at 9:30 I got the call to go get my random drug test. If you know me, you know that I am not a party girl, I dont do drugs, I rarely drank, so these drug tests they require of supervisors doesnt bother me. But this drug test in unlike others... because of one person who apparently used some kind of device to give fake pee for a drug test, we are now forced to be watched while we pee.... so at 9:30 feeling icky, annoyed, and anxious because I dont pee in front of people I know let alone a stranger I made my way to the facility. I waited for about a half an hour and then I met miss Charlotte, who in my eyes is such a blessing and one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met. Somehow we got on the subject of where I was from, and sweet miss Charlotte shared with me her sister lives there.... her sweet sister named Betty Edmondson who is terminally ill with cancer... I asked her name so I could pray for her, and I feel like I may have changed Charlotte's day like she changed mine. It seems so small, but it was so big, in 15 minutes sweet Charlotte changed my day and part of my life, we talked about my mom, her brother and my grandma and this little angel in my tummy and it was just a wonderful moment. Since then I find myself praying for sweet Betty, I picture her and I imagine she must have a heart like Charlottes and I just think that we can't afford to lose another kind soul like these people, so all of you out there who pray, if you can pray for Betty, apparently she is in a lot of pain, pray that if God must have her back that she stays out of pain, or if there is a miracle that our wonderful Lord Jesus can perform that he does. 

No comments: