Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend oh weekend...


This past weekend was FANTASTIC! I have been having a bit of a rough time lately and I really needed to have a day to myself. I love my child more than anything in the whole world, but sometimes you just need a day to get your nails done, or eat a meal without having to worry about keeping a wiggle worm in his highchair and happy. 18 months is one of the most fun ages ever, but also the most trying at times. Owen has discovered the "art" of whining, so some days are just rough. He is still the most fun, happy child I have ever met, but some days are just hard.

I went to the mall with my friend Erica, got a manicure, got my hair colored and I conquered my fear of eating alone. I have always been too nervous to do this and although I did sit and read my blogs I sat down at a restaurant and ate all by myself and it was actually really nice and relaxing! Later that night we went out on the town, it was a lot of fun, one of the best parts was having a dancing/singing party in an empty parking lot with my best friend at the end of the night...I will let the pictures do the explaining of how the rest of the night was....






I love my friends! I always want to move away from this town, but the main reason I stay is because of the friends I have made here. They really are wonderful, we have such a fun time. And yes, Carrie and I are blowing on our hands as we are about to roll the dice, you like that dice action don't you?

The next day was spent with this precious boy...


He woke up from his nap and didnt seem to be feeling well, so before I changed his clothes I let him snuggle under the covers, he was adament on laying on the pillow by himself with his cup and snack. It made me laugh so hard because he just looked like such a little boy. Owen seriously amazes me every day he just has the cutest little personality. He is so independent! Last night I went to check on him and in his sleep he was saying "mama," it made me smile. He dreams of his mama:)

We went to the mall and Owen picked out a winter hat, the boy has good taste I must say! Then I went to the movies with my lovely friend Meghan and her daughter Kiara, we saw Harry Potter 7!!!!!! It was AWESOME and yes we are 15 year old girls and cried.

I have been looking forward to this coming weekend for a while now. We are off to Hilton Head to spend time with my family and friends. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, mainly because I love spending the day with my family, hanging out and just enjoying each other's company. Last year Owen was so little and didn't really get to "enjoy" thanksgiving, I can't wait to see how he likes it this year. Every thanksgiving night my friend Gill has a bunch of friends over, I can't wait to see everyone!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday!!!!!

No comments: