Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My 3 month old!


Dear Owen, 
Today you are 3 months old! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was holding you for the first time! You grow and change everyday, just last week you could barely hold your head up, now that is a piece of cake. You smile all the time and we heard your first laugh last week, have I told you that it was the sweetest sound I have ever heard? You are such an easy going baby, you only cry now when you are very tired or hungry, you mainly just smile and coo at me all day, you bring such joy to my heart. You are still an awesome sleeper, you sleep between 5 and 6 hours at a time, wake up to eat and then go right back to sleep for another 2 hours, wake up to eat and then sleep for another 2-3 hours again, you are so kind to understand the value of sleep. You went on your 2nd vacation to Hilton Head and got to meet your Aunt Terri and your cousins, I think that you enjoyed yourself, you also took your first plane ride and you were the best baby ever, you didnt cry once! The flight attendant and many of the passengers thought you were so cute and well behaved, even the grouchy old business men complimented you! You still love your mommy the most but you are coming around to your daddy, you think he is pretty funny, especially when he dances for you. You discovered your hands this week and I watched you move your blanket up and down in front of your face because you realized you could move things with them, I like to think you were playing peekaboo with yourself in the backseat, because you are that smart! You are starting to like your car seat a lot more, we go for outings and you fall asleep or just sit and coo in your seat. Soon I will be going back to work, but I will miss you more than you know, I think it will be harder on me than it is on you, I wish more than anything in the whole world I could figure out a way to stay home with you, I hope you know that. I love you more than words can say, you are the light of my life. I thank God all the time that he has chosen me to be your mommy, I feel so lucky, your Dad and I often comment that there was never a baby who was so loved. Happy 3 month birthday Owen Benjamin, I cant wait to see what you will be doing next month!

No comments: