Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dear baby,

Today you participated in your first election. Luckily for you and I we didn't have to wait in line, we went right in and the woman was so nice, (even though I know she totally wanted us to vote for Barack Obama and little did she know I was going to do that anyway, yeah I said it) it only took us a couple of minutes and tonight as I sit here at 12:01 a.m. on November 5th, watching our new president give his first speech of his term. As I sit here and watch this, I wonder what you're doing in there. I wonder what you were doing as I so excitedly went to cast my ballot today. Someday when you're grown up and learn about this day in school, I will tell you the story of the day we voted for my first time and this day happened and tell you what you and I were doing, hopefully I will be able to read this to you... well little baby of mine, I am off to bed, I love you!

No comments: