Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The past 4 days of my life are something I hope none of you have to experience... I had a normal Saturday day... I went to Target with Ilene and Andrew, ( I got Owen the cutest outfit from Dwellstudio, a cute kimono onesie and little booties and a hat, I can't wait to see him in it!) I went home to relax and watch the DVDs Adam had rented me... at around 11:30 my right side and lower back started to hurt, I thought it was the spicy food I had eaten... I took a bath, I tried laying on my side, about an hour later the pain got so intense I couldn't handle it and I started to get scared. I called Adam who was at his studio recording his friends and told him he had to come home, I needed to go to the hospital... we called my poor sister in law who was sleeping at 1 a.m. and asked her what she thought it was, she said we should definitely go to the hospital... as soon as we got to the ER the pain stopped a little and I felt silly, I checked in and then as soon as I sat down it got HORRIBLE, the worst I had felt all night, (probably the worst I have felt in my life!) they got me into the ER, gave me an IV, checked baby Owen in an ultrasound who was just fine and moving around and FINALLY what felt like forever later they gave me morphine and phenegren  and I felt like a new woman... they then gave me a detailed ultrasound, saw I had a gallstone and a swollen kidney, which they thought meant I had a kidney stone.. I had to get a yucky catheter and saw that what they believed was true, i wont tell you how they knew... I laid in the ER while poor Amy and Adam watched me sleep for another 3 hours till I was discharged at 6:30 a.m. I got home, slept until 11:30 and woke up took my medicine and thought thought that the worst was over... well it wasn't... at 5:00 it was back with a vengeance... we returned to the lovely ER for another round of blood work, pain medicine, heard Owen's heartbeat and another LOVELY catheter... I passed 2 stones so far and my side is very sore... I heard from my nurse who had a 10 lb. baby that her kidney stone was far more pain then labor, so I guess Im prepared then... I am very thankful to God to not have the nasty stones anymore and am excited to get this week over with at work and go home to see my wonderful family this weekend! my sista is in town with my aunt terri, I'll be staying with my aunt Pam, which is always wonderful! I cant wait to eat lots of turkey and mashed potatoes! 

No comments: